Love means not ever having to say you're sorry

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lyrics Four


“....Netruvarai naeram poga villaiyae, unadhu arugae naeram poadhavillaiyae

Ethuvum paesavillaiyae, indru yaeno ethuvum thoandravillaiyae

Iravum vidiyavillaiyae, athu vidinthaal pagalum mudiyavillaiyae.....”



“Rahul..” “Rahul..” “Wake up..” shouted my mom but it just didn’t a make a big difference. I dozed off the moment I crashed on the bed. I slowly made some movements and tried to reach over the table for my watch.

“It’s 1 O Clock”

I was startled to hear the voice suddenly. I opened my eyes to find Karthi standing by the bed.

“Dude!!” I screamed in excitement.

He just pounced over me with his full weight on my body. Ahmed came running in and jumped on him.

“Guuuys..BeeeHaaavve liiiike famileeeee men” I tried to speak that out struggling to breath and carrying their whole weight.


6 yrs, 6months and 5days ago

Daily sessions, lunch at cafeteria, bunking lab sessions, evening coffee, weekend movies and dinner. Days were really beautiful. We started to see all the movies even the ones with the most pathetic storyline, with the cruel cast of actors. She came with us almost every time we go out. Me, Ria, Divi, Karthi and Ravi were having a hell of a time. Karthi, Mr.Studious, missed it on some occasions but was an integral part of us. He used to complete the assignments for me and Ravi and save it in our folders.

The bond between us was getting stronger by the day. We used to share our happy moments and laugh and also will get emotional at times.

I want to propose to her but had the fear “What if she gets angry and walks off” she might not even accept me as my friend. So, I had to keep aside my feelings for her at least for a while.

It was the last few days of the training. We had a couple of tests. I already started to miss her because we definitely had to vacate our hostel once the training is over. We still had one more month of vacation.

The training was finally over and it was the last weekend. I planned for a movie and dinner.

“Hey Divi.. We are leaving tomorrow.. so I planned for a movie and dinner.. Be there with Ria..Please, don’t skip it..”

I had to call Divi whenever I wanted to convey something to Ria because she dint have a mobile phone for her. So, Divi will call to her residence and pass it down for me.

“Hmmmmm...Are you ok?”

“Ya...am good...Just a little tired” I tried not to go down.

“Ok..See you tomorrow”

“Good Night” and I disconnected the line.

_

“Where are you guys? Its almost 6. The movie is about to start.”

“Will be there in 10minutes”

“10!!! Ok.. Make it quick. Am waiting for you outside. Ravi and Karthi have gone inside”

“Ok”

I could see Divi almost running through the gates but I couldn’t find Ria.

“Where is Ria?”

She was panting heavily as she tried to answer.

“She....” “couldn’t....” “make it....”

I didn’t ask her anymore questions. I was in a state of mixed feeling disappointed, sad, a little angry and just took her inside for the movie. Later Divi said “She might make it for the dinner man. Try to snap out of it.” But I knew it is not going to happen.

As I guessed, she didn’t come for dinner too. We sent off Divi in an auto to her home. Me and Karthi had to go to the Central Railway Station, our train was at 10.15. Ravi had to catch a bus to Madurai.

It was a sleepless travel for me. I was just reminiscing about the last 30days. Karthi was surprised to see me awake as he woke up to get down.

“Dae.. You didn’t sleep? Its almost 5 man.” But there was no response from me.

It was 5 in the morning when we reached Erode. Karthi got down.

“So, its only me I guess for another month” my heart said and just then my mobile beeped,

‘wru da?’

SENDER: Ahmed

“Guess Not”

‘Erode..ll b der by 6.30..b der to pick me’

MESSAGE SENT

_

30days, was like hell. Time passed at a damn slow pace. I was not interested in anything. Eat, sleep, tv and pc, the cycle was on and on. Ahmed would come over almost daily and at times stay in my home for the night. At a point of time my mom found something was wrong with me and asked,

“Why are locked up in the house? Just go out, visit friends or do something.”

Ahmed too got frustrated looking me roaming around with the head down. So, he planned for movies often and a trip to Ooty.

As the countdown for college reopening came closer, I started to feel better and came back to life.

6 yrs and 5months ago

Final Year, once this feel is inside you, we start to feel the strong authoritative power but all I had was ‘Ria’. From day 1, it was just her, her and her. Me, Ravi, Karthi, Divi and Ria. Now Ahmed also joined this group. These were the happiest days of my college life. We would almost spend daily in the coffee shop.

Me, Divi and Karthi were project mates. So, as usual, Karthi would take care of weekly updates with Divi lending her help. I would just come over explain the slides or at times just stand in front of the panel and walk off.

_

It was the mid of our 7th semester and it was Divi’s birthday. I called Divi at the stroke of midnight. After few seconds into the call,

“Rahul, Ria is calling”

“Shall I disconnect or you are connecting her through?”

“Wait, let me connect her through.”

“Happy Birthday Dear” were the first words that came out of her.

“Thank You”

“Hey Ria” trying to let know that am here.

“Rahul, I didn’t know you were here. Hmmmm”

“Oh. ”

I started to hear a feeble voice from Ria’s end and it started to get more louder and clear.

“Ria, what are you doing there? Who’s that you are speaking with?”

“Divi pa” she screamed into the phone.

“Gimme the phone” her dad took the receiver in his hands•

1 comment:

Deep$ said...

I hate you for the suspense you have created here... :-/ WHY ARE ALL DADS AND MOMS DOING THIS????????????????